Husky VH300000AV valve plate assembly

5 years 4 months ago #2830 by Dragonmedic67
Husky VH300000AV valve plate assembly was created by Dragonmedic67
Ok. Was given one with plates already remove. Its a VTwin style. I rebuilt each cylinder to freshen it up. I can`t for the life of me reassemble these valve plates so they operate correctly. I bought new plates, reeds and gaskets. The breakdown shows only 1 reed valve and not how the plates are orientated. I consider myself an accomplished mechanic and this thing is making me look bad. Ive tried several combinations by the diagram and all it does blow out both ports.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #2832 by skatingtoolman
Replied by skatingtoolman on topic Husky VH300000AV valve plate assembly
I have asked the factory to see if they have a better image.
Typically, on the air filter side, the valves need to bend down into the cylinder.
For the exhaust side where the tube goes to the tank, the valves would bend up towards the top of the head to exhaust the compressed air and send it to the tank.
I hope this helps.

5 years 4 months ago #2834 by skatingtoolman
Replied by skatingtoolman on topic Husky VH300000AV valve plate assembly
Also, as another customer on this forum asked, I told him:
The concave areas of the valve plates should both be sandwiched on the inside; in other words, the flat sides face the head on one and the cylinder on the other. As the piston descends, it will pull the intake valve into the concave area (the bottom valve plate) from the air filter side. As the other piston ascends, it will push the exhaust valve into the concave area up into the head and out to the intercooler tube or to the transfer tube to the tank.
I hope this helps.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds