3 hp magna air compressor relief pressure tube

10 years 3 months ago #237 by dan
the hole in the head for the relief pressure tube seems to be clogged i removed the top of the cylinder i cant get air to go through the hole nor can i see anywhere the hole can release the air to the cylinder am i missing something?.i replaced the check valve someone said its the problem it didn't help i checked the relief pressure tube its clear and seem to be ok the valve is working.air compressor wont start again until i manually release the air pressure. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 3 hp magna air compressor relief pressure tube
Dan,
I agree with you in that the unloader (relief) port in the head could be clogged up, this is typically the problem when the unit won't unload after it shuts off. There should be a small hole drilled and tapped in the exhaust side of the head (right next to the main discharge tube). If it's not clogged, then the only other reason it wouldn't unload would be if the Unloader Valve itself (on the side of the pressure switch). The spring may have no tension or a seal blown out in the valve, not allowing the valve to unload the excess pressure in the head/discharge line.
Does your Unloader Line blow off after the unit shuts off? If not, then the Valve itself is the problem.

Try this and see what you get.

NOTE: If you can upload a photo of your compressor(and pump) this would greatly help as well.

- Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds