30 Gallon 6HP 919.167310 Smoking Pressure Switch

11 years 6 months ago #22 by rockonup
I have a 30 Gallon 6HP Craftsman air compressor model number, 919.167310. Tonight I went to use it and plugged it into the same outlet I always use, the switch was sparking and it sounded like it wanted to run but didnt, so I unplugged it and used a different wall out. After a few seconds it started smoking out of the pressure switch. Now it won't run at all, I believe the pressure switch went. But I dunno if anything else maybe damaged as soon as I seen the smoke I turned it off and unplugged it. Should I just replace the pressure switch? Did water or oil possible make its way in? I don't know. Any help would be great. Thank You!...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #23 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 30 Gallon 6HP 919.167310 Smoking Pressure Switch
I would start by replacing the Pressure Switch...this is the first thing to do as it's smoking now so most likely defective.
For that model I believe the correct part# for the Pressure Switch is Z-D23361. I'm not sure exactly what could have caused the switch to burn up like that but it could have been that you had a short in the contacts inside the switch. Make sure you're electrical connections and outlets are in good shape and if they are, it could have just been that switch's time.
You may also want to try and use a larger gauge powercord, possibly.
Hopefully this helps!
- MTR

11 years 6 months ago #24 by rockonup

MTR wrote: I would start by replacing the Pressure Switch...this is the first thing to do as it's smoking now so most likely defective.
For that model I believe the correct part# for the Pressure Switch is Z-D23361. I'm not sure exactly what could have caused the switch to burn up like that but it could have been that you had a short in the contacts inside the switch. Make sure you're electrical connections and outlets are in good shape and if they are, it could have just been that switch's time.
You may also want to try and use a larger gauge powercord, possibly.
Hopefully this helps!
- MTR

Thank You, Can you confirm that model number 919.167311 part number 69JF7LY2C is the same thing as the Z-D23361. Since they are exactly the same air compressor? Do the pressure switches have the same AMPS?

11 years 6 months ago #25 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 30 Gallon 6HP 919.167310 Smoking Pressure Switch
Yes, they have the same amp rating I believe which is typically 15 or 16 amps.
The 69JF7LY2C should work just fine as a replacement and is nearly identical in specifications. This is less expensive as you're not going through Craftsman, but the pressure switch manufacturer itself.

Thanks again for the inquiry!
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds