Jenny blowing oil

7 years 5 months ago #1937 by Bahamasair
Jenny blowing oil was created by Bahamasair
Hi all,

I have a Jenny gc3a-30v that I have just completely rebuilt but it's blowing a rediculous amount of oil into the tank. I honed the cylinders and replaced the rings during the rebuild and everything looked great so I'm having a hard time believing it's getting passed the rings but what else can it be? It has an unloader setup and when it kicks in so the pump is bypassed I can feel and smell the oil mist coming out of the filters. I don't see any type of crankcase breather but wouldn't there be excessive pressure buildup without one? I was very thorough during the rebuild and am sure everything was spotless where the valves and unloaders seat. They were caked in harderned burned looking oil before the rebuild. It builds pressure perfectly and quickly and the unloader works great as well as everything working great when I turn off the unloader and let it cycle. Is there anything you think I could be missing that would cause oil to get into the air side? I spent a lot of time and money redoing the damn thing and am pretty bummed out that I've obviously missed something during the rebuild.
Thanks for any tips or advice you have to offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #1978 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Jenny blowing oil
Sorry for the delay Bahamasair, the site was down for awhile due to hacks...

Quick question, did you apply oil to the Rings when you installed them on the Pistons?

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds