Husky TAW-2030

7 years 10 months ago #1670 by cedric@ckms.ca
Husky TAW-2030 was created by cedric@ckms.ca
Greetings air compressor experts!

Something has broken on my Husky air compressor. See pics attached. The model # is TAW-2030 670 326 (not sure of the last 2 triplets are part# or not); mfg date is 2010-05. Simple 8ga compressor that I got 5 good years out of (I have simple needs).

Hoping I can find parts for it, as I hate to trash things. A search here for "TAW" or "2030" turns up nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #1671 by cedric@ckms.ca
Replied by cedric@ckms.ca on topic Husky TAW-2030
Hmmm... not sure why picture of damage didn't upload. Here it be....

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1672 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky TAW-2030
Thanks for the post!

The photos really help I.D. this, thanks for uploading them. I don't get any hits on the Web for this model either, and we don't have a parts list available for it.

However, upon inspecting the photos you've uploaded it looks like very popular Mtor/Pump Assembly that is used on dozens and dozens of oil-free, direct-drive air compressors sold today under various brand names (including Craftsman, Husky, Kobalt etc.).

Click on the below link to view a similar Husky unit with this Motor/Pump Assy:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/portable-oil-fr...947265-p-396536.html

What you need is (at least) the Piston/Cylinder Kit, which is around $35 and includes the Piston/Rod Assy w/ Piston (Compression) Ring, Screw, Cylinder & o-ring Gaskets. The Compression Ring is damaged, clearly, so this is the main reason you have no compression.

I'm not sure what size the screw is that holds the Intake Valve onto the Valve Plate, as you have pictured there, but I would certainly try to obtain a replacement screw at your local hardware store. Otherwise, the complete Valve Plate Assy is around $29 to replace.

I can't be 100% positive this Motor/Pump Assy is exactly the same as on the unit above (on our website), but the components sure do look identical, so I'd be willing to bet your model uses the same components.

Feel free to post any additional questions and I'll help if I can.

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago #1673 by cedric@ckms.ca
Agreed that your suggested replacement kit looks very similar.

Is there any way to get measurements? Mine are:

Bore in head, ID: 2.610" (where sleeve slides in)
Sleeve, OD:       2.591" (fits in bore)
Sleeve, ID:       2.470" (piston goes up/down in here)
Sleeve length:    1.875"

(All measurements taken with Harbor Freight's cheepest digital calipers, by a computer programmer, so +/- a large margin of error).

Thanks for your help. I'd go for it if I knew the size is right. But I can understand if you can't get these measurements..

Best Regards!

7 years 10 months ago #1674 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky TAW-2030
I'll see what I can do for you, there's a good chance we stock these parts and if so I'm sure I can obtain some measurements to compare with what you have.

I'll report back as soon as I'm able to!

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago #1691 by cedric@ckms.ca
Thanks again for looking into this. If you can confirm the sizes match, I'll buy it.

Best Regards!

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds