Coleman Powermate Check Valve

8 years 8 months ago #1192 by sjewell
Replied by sjewell on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
Yes. I have done a full leak check. I did have a few leaks, but they are now gone and when I filmed there were none. The thing that makes me think it is not a leak is the fact that if I shut the compressor off it stops squealing. It does blow off some pressure when I turn it off, but I am wondering if it is more than a leak.

Thanks for the compliments. The reason it looks so good is because of all the soap tests I have done on it. That has washed away all the grime.

I think I may buy a automotive stethescope and see if I can isolate the sounds.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #1194 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
Have you adjusted your regulator (increase the outlet PSI)? I noticed in the video that it was at 0 PSI. I'm wondering if the rubber diaphragm in the regulator is squealing.

- MTR

8 years 7 months ago #1204 by sjewell
I tried running it without the regulator and it did not make the sound. So i bought a new regulator and it made the sound with the new one too. After I adjusted it a few times it stopped. I wonder if it is just the regulator breaking in. It runs quietly now, but I have another problem. It will not shut off when it reaches its high pressure limit. It has a new pressure switch on it from you guys. When are they supposed to stop? When it hit 140 I shut it down. When I turned it back on it did not run until I bled off some the air. What do you think?

8 years 7 months ago #1206 by MTR-Admin
The problem with the unit not shutting off at max PSI would be related to the Pressure Switch, odd that would be occurring with a new Pressure Switch.

What is the Part# of the pressure switch you ordered? I want to make sure it's rated for a higher pressure than you need. The part# will probably start with a "CW" and look something like "CW212400AV".

This will greatly help me out.

- MTR

8 years 7 months ago #1211 by sjewell
Here is a pic of the part I received from guys. They said it was the right one.
Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago #1212 by MTR-Admin
Unfortunately the info on the cover of the switch doesn't tell me a whole lot. Can you see the part# starting with "CW"? This should be inside of the switch or possibly on the manifold. It will have 6 digits after the "CW".

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds