20 gallon kobalt digital compressor

9 years 1 week ago #971 by wjh
compressor comes on then automatically shuts down in continuous cycle until manually shut down

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #973 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic 20 gallon kobalt digital compressor
Thank you for the post!

What is the model# of the compressor? Most likely it's a solenoid block or capacitor that's defective, but sometimes replacing the digital control board is the only fix.

With the model# I can trouble-shoot further.

- MTR

9 years 1 week ago #974 by wjh
Replied by wjh on topic 20 gallon kobalt digital compressor
KPA1382009, 215908
this is the model number of the compressor any help would be appreciated

9 years 6 days ago #975 by MTR-Admin
Thank you.

BTW, you can find a parts breakdown and parts list for this unit on our site by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/portable-oil-fr...215908-p-759582.html

Most likely a part in the digital control board is defective or shorted out.

Honestly, the best course of action here would be to contact the manufacturer directly at 888-895-4549 and ask a technical rep what they would recommend. The manufacturer for this unit is Coleman Powermate. "Kobalt" is just a label (Lowe's 'house' brand).

Unfortunately the Digital Control Board Assy is no longer available...but it may simply be a circuit breaker or solenoid. Hopefully they will have this available for you.

- MTR

9 years 5 days ago #977 by Yankeefarmer1
Replied by Yankeefarmer1 on topic 20 gallon kobalt digital compressor
today my kobalt digital compressor model 103799 VLK1581008 will only cycle on for about 1 second then off for about 1 to 2 minutes and will continue indef.

been working fine untill.

9 years 4 days ago #979 by MTR-Admin
Most likely it's a component in the Digital Board Assy that has a short. In this case you could try to repair it yourself or solder a wire if that's all it is, but the Digital Board Assy isn't available any longer, unfortunately.

The manufacturer doesn't offer much help, here's their reply:

1. DIGITAL BOARD ISSUE; no replacement unless customer wants to build his own manually operated regulator, but we have no parts for that.

2. Unit SHUTS OFF; might be a loose wire, defective switch, or a defective motor.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance, but you could always take the cover off and inspect the digital board to confirm if there is loose wire or something simple like that.

You could also try contacting a manufacture rep at 888-895-4549.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds