Very old Kellog Pump

9 years 2 months ago #912 by Jeger
Replied by Jeger on topic Very old Kellog Pump
Will do this tonight and let you know. Thanks a million. PS I'll take Dads dust/stink bug cover off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #915 by Jeger
OK The motor pulley is 4 1/4 and the pump pulley is 13 3/4 and they are dual belt pulleys.
I ran it again and when it starts to slow down there is a stress in the system. its hard to explain but its like a buz or a hum.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #917 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Very old Kellog Pump
Per my factory rep, you may have an under-powered motor, or the motor is too small.

You should look at the amp rating on the motor plate and put an amp probe on the motor when it starts bogging down. The unit is likely starved for power, a weak ground, low voltage, poor connection, burnt contacts on starter or pressure switch etc…Amp probe will most likely show over-amping. Under size wire from panel. Too long of a run on wire itself from panel.

If you don't have one you can always have an electrician or motor repair rep take a look at it.

BTW, the RPM on the pump is good, with the motor Pulley size you have and the pump Flywheel, your pump is spinning at 533 rpm, which is ideal.

- MTR

9 years 2 months ago #921 by Jeger
Thanks a million. I'll call the electrician that put my lines in and have him check this. Once again thanks.
I would still like to replace the valve kit i got from you. Are there any pics of pulling the old valves out of a 321 head. I need to know if they turn or just pull out.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #922 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Very old Kellog Pump
Glad to help!

As for the Valve Kit installation:

They are really easy to screw up, honestly. The retainers and the seats both screw in.

Retainer, spring, disc, brass seat. Or, Brass seat, disc, spring, Retainer.

If a single valve goes in wrong, it can damage the pump.

Make sure to install the valves one at a time.

For a diagram, you can click on the below link, which should help:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/kellogg-parts-321-pump-p-5411.html

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeger

9 years 1 week ago #982 by 14899swflorida
Replied by 14899swflorida on topic Very old Kellog Pump
I also have a very old kellog 321 pump and it has started to leak air as it pumps up around the unloader valve area and when it pumps up and shuts off it leaks a lot of air until the pressure switch turns it back on. what needs to be replaced to correct this problem?

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds