Help needed Bostitch N80CB-1 coil framing nailer

7 years 11 months ago #1561 by rgrentus@comcast.net
Help needed Bostitch N80CB-1 coil framing nailer was created by rgrentus@comcast.net
I just replaced the TVA-6 trigger assembly in my Bostitch N80CB-1 coil framing nailer, now that I have it back together after re-installing the trigger itself it does nothing the trigger just flops loosely. If I remove the trigger & hook the nailer to an air line if I press the trigger assembly plunger it will fire a nail but with the trigger in place it does nothing. I am confused, I can not figure out what is wrong. I have a small spring left over but I do not know where it goes. My gun has the gray plastic sequential trip trigger. I looked up an exploded view on line but I can not figure where the spring goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #1565 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Help needed Bostitch N80CB-1 coil framing nailer
Thanks for the post!

Right, that Spring is what is causing the nailer not to fire as it's not actuating the trigger valve plunger (as you mentioned).

www.mastertoolrepair.com/pneumatic-frami...-n80cb-p-649621.html

Per the schematic diagram, is it the #90 Spring on the Contact Arm that you're not sure about?

I'll see if I can research this a bit and reply with some additional information for you.

- MTR

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1568 by MTR-Admin
By the description I believe you may have the old style sequential Trigger that used the spring seated between the trigger and the valve body.

This spring makes sure the trigger is in the full down position before the trip lever is activated. If the trigger is up a bit, the trip bypasses the lever under the trigger and will not actuate the trigger valve stem. This is the safety feature of the “grey” sequential trigger.

Also, as a reminder, with sequential triggers one must push the tool down to the work surface first and then pull the trigger. If you try to actuate the trigger first, then bump the tool, it will not fire. I suspect this is possibly the issue.

You may need the spring to work faster, but it should actually cycle the tool without it if you use the proper “sequence” to fire.

If this does not help, it means the trigger itself may be faulty. Today we use a different style SEQ6.

Note: The spring shown is conical shaped, but the actual spring used for many years is not. We had conical shaped for a few years, but it was changed. I didn’t to confuse you by this old picture. I was hoping to take a picture, but I do not have any of these old style triggers around anymore!

- MTR
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #1573 by rgrentus@comcast.net
Replied by rgrentus@comcast.net on topic Help needed Bostitch N80CB-1 coil framing nailer
Thanks for the info & the help, I will order a new trigger.

7 years 11 months ago #1574 by MTR-Admin
Glad to help! Feel free to post your results here as I'd like to know if that did the trick.

- MTR

7 years 11 months ago #1610 by rgrentus@comcast.net
Replied by rgrentus@comcast.net on topic Help needed Bostitch N80CB-1 coil framing nailer
I ordered the new trigger & installed it on the nail gun & the gun still does not work with the new trigger. I removed the new trigger & press on the trigger valve with my finger in place of the trigger & the gun works fine.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds