paslode medium crown and narrow crown stapler

9 years 10 months ago #528 by markkymarkk491
paslode medium crown and narrow crown stapler was created by markkymarkk491
Anyone out there know why the driver blade does not fully retract after driving a staple in? I have changed the o-ring on the driver and piston o-rings as well. i also cleaned everything i think needed cleaning and still no luck. thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #529 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic paslode medium crown and narrow crown stapler
Either it's the Driver blade itself (bent) or the Head Valve seal is gone. On the old Paslode nailers there was a red Head Valve seal; if you take the Head Cap off you'll see this. Most likely it's cracked or broken. This can certainly cause the problem you're having with it.

What is the model# of the nailer?

- MTR

9 years 10 months ago #530 by markkymarkk491
Replied by markkymarkk491 on topic paslode medium crown and narrow crown stapler
not sure of the model since the tag has gone on it, new driver blades and rings, will check the top seal tomorrow, white in color though, must be a newer model, Danke Schoen!

9 years 10 months ago #538 by markkymarkk491
Replied by markkymarkk491 on topic paslode medium crown and narrow crown stapler
Ok I have changed every o-ring in the piston and the top valve assembly, changed the top piston seal, new driver blade and still it fires one staple and the driver blade does not fully retract, what else could it be?

9 years 10 months ago #541 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic paslode medium crown and narrow crown stapler
Can you take a picture of the top and bottom of the Head Valve itself and attach it, here? This will be telling. Something is amiss here, hopefully this will solve it!

- MTR

9 years 10 months ago #557 by markkymarkk491
Hello, turns out the piston sleeve was cracked at the bottom of the unit. Thank you for your help! Mark

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds