What should I look for in a generator?

10 months 4 days ago - 10 months 2 days ago #2259 by jensenbreck

HI,

The other side of me says I should just get a permanent Generac setup with an automatic transfer switch. I was wondering if anyone can explain how I might hook up a transfer switch? I had an electrician take a look at my setup. He opened up the 100amp disconnect outside. I live in a mobile home and it is fed with a 100amp service from big throw switch outside by the meter. He said I had enough wire to disconnect it while it is live? Are things normally done like that?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References: www.powerequipmentforum.com/forum/9-gene...-look-generator.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 months 2 days ago - 10 months 2 days ago #2264 by MTR-Admin

jensenbreck,

I have to ask you to please stop pasting URLs soliciting your business on your forums posts. It appears as though you're attempting to garner backlinks but the way you are going about it is black hat SEO, and is spamming our forums site being this is unwanted. Please, if you're going to post on this website, do NOT insert links to unrelated third party websites (such as the "Advids" site you have posted multiple times) as they will be removed.

That being said, hopefully someone can reply and answer the question on your generator for you.

- MTR

2 weeks 3 days ago #2645 by Robert147

Hi jensenbreck,

If you are newbie to generator then it will be better that you have to consult with generator expert. Here I would like to suggest you "Mid-America Engine"... their generator representative guide you in this case.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds