Coleman CL0502713

9 years 2 months ago #923 by Danny
Coleman CL0502713 was created by Danny
Hello,

I have a Coleman Powermate CL0502713 that I am having problems with. I cant seem to keep the nylon hose that goes from the check valve assembly barb to the on/off pressure switch from blowing off the barb. When I use something like a zip tie to secure the hose to the barb it blows holes in the hose. I'm lost trying to figure out the root of this issue. The air coming out of the check valve barb is very hot, and it seems to be expanding any hose I try. With a new hose and tie securing the hose to the barb it will make about 90psi in the tank before the hose will blow a hole in it.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #924 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Coleman CL0502713
Thanks for the post Danny,

You may have a blockage in the Manifold that's causing the excessive heat and pressure, I would take the Regulator components out of the manifold as well as the check valve, see if there is debris inside the manifold that's causing this.

Otherwise, I don't see why the hose wouldn't stay on the barb fitting.

Also, does the tank hold pressure when it fills? So, when you pressurize the tank (doesn't have to be full) and shut the unit off, does the tank hold pressure as it should?

- MTR

9 years 2 months ago #925 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Coleman CL0502713
Thanks for the quick response!

The tank does hold the pressure when off, although it is only able to produce about 40psi with the big leak from the hose not being on there.

Ill tear off the manifold like you said and give it a thorough cleaning.

Am I correct thinking that hose will have 130psi going through it before the unit will shut off?

Thank you

9 years 2 months ago #926 by MTR-Admin
The tube (Bleeder Tube) only has the maximum pressure of 130 PSI going through it as soon as the Unloader Valve on the switch trips, so when the unit shuts off.
The tube, if in good condition, will easily hold up to 175 PSI though.

Here's what I think could be causing it, apart from debris in the Manifold:

1. The heat from unit running so long causes the plastic tube to stretch and blow off barbed fitting. Use a small hose clamp (instead of a wire tie) to keep tube attached to barbed fitting.

2. Unit needs the valve plate gaskets replaced if not blowing air out the pump breather vent. Do you feel air escaping from the pump Breather vent (as you should)? The breather vent should be located on the side of the cylinder, on the exhaust side of the pump.
- If air is blowing out breather, you may need the rings replaced in the pump.

- MTR

9 years 2 months ago #928 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Coleman CL0502713
I removed the manifold, check valve, pressure switch and cleaned everything out. Also inspected the unloader valve all seemed to be functioning properly. I hooked everything up with a small clamp on the nylon tube and it worked well for 2 on/off cycles then put a hole the size of a bb in the nylon tube about an inch up from the barb fitting.

I also looked around for the breather vent, but could not see anything on the pump itself other than the felt filter on one side and the transfer tube on the other. Although I think the valve plate gaskets could be a problem. I know it is supposed to be hot the air coming out of the transfer tube is extremely hot making the nylon tube too hot to handle after about 30 sec of running.

9 years 2 months ago #930 by MTR-Admin
In that case, it could very well be that the Gaskets need to be replaced, which we have available on our site at the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/portable-oil-ba...602713-p-748807.html

You've narrowed it down to the gaskets, not sure what else it could be. I would replace the Gaskets then see what you get.
For more assistance, you can contact Coleman-Sanborn if you would like, their phone# is 888-895-4549.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds