California Air Tools CAD20040DCAD Check Valve Update Parts

5 years 2 months ago #2912 by jhou97
Has anyone run into an issue with the California Air Tools CAD20040DCAD compressor and the changes made to the check valve assembly? I bought my compressor used and the check valve had been broken off. The replacement part recommended by California Air Tools and sold by Master Tool Repair is not a direct replacement for the original. Is there a kit available with all of the required fittings and hoses? The threads seem to be odd ball British pipe threads of assorted sizes, some with straight threads and others parallel threads. Some of the original components that came on the compressor don't seem to have the correct threads on mating parts. For example, The dump valves appear to have a female 1/8-28 BSPP thread attached to an M10 X 1.0 straight threaded compression type fitting on the brass check valve. I am having a tough time finding a way to get this compressor back in service.

1)Adapter from base of check valve to air tank port - 1/2-14 BSPT Female to 3/8-19 BSPP Male
2)Adapter from check valve to air dump solenoid valve - M10X1.0 Female straight threads to 1/8-28 BSPP Male
3)Adapter from hose coming from the air dryer to check valve inlet - Tube connector to 3/8-19 BSPP
4)Adapter from air dryer to hose going to check valve inlet - 1/4-19 BSPP to Tube connector

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #2937 by jhou97
Does anyone have any suggestions for where to find fittings for the California Air Tools Compressors?

5 years 2 months ago #2938 by skatingtoolman
Have you tried to contact CAT directly?
This model may have been an earlier version and may have changed.

5 years 2 months ago #2939 by peterwolf5
I have contacted CAT and they simply give this website so they are passing the buck with absolutely no help.

5 years 2 months ago #2940 by skatingtoolman
I will contact them and see if I can get any more information as well.

5 years 1 month ago #2951 by MTR-Admin
In regards to the unloader tube, we are in the process of putting the fittings on our site for these.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds