Adjustable Differential Needed

8 years 1 month ago #1500 by larbian
Adjustable Differential Needed was created by larbian
Hi
I have an old compressor that will hold pressure but slower than normal to build pressure.

I have been searching a researching a compressor switch that I can adjust the differential down to 15 pounds and have a cutoff at 100 or above.
For example on at 85 off at 100.
I don't want the pressure to get too low and a stop what I am doing to wait.

Does anyone know of a switch I can dial the differential low. Even 20 psi would be ok I guess but no more.

I really appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #1501 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Adjustable Differential Needed
Thanks for the post!

We have quite a few pressure switches that would work for you, and that are adjustable to the specs you need.

You can click on the below link to view the various pressure switches we have available:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...switches-c-25_2.html

Here are a few things you'll need to know:

1. What is the psi range of the switch (ex. 90-120psi, 145-175psi etc...)?

2. Is it a single-port or 4-port switch (does it have just one thread coming out of the bottom of the switch that goes into the tank, or 4 threads, 3 of which would be accessory ports for your pressure guage, safety valve, etc...)?

3. Does it have a manual on/off switch on it?

4. Does it have a 1/4" pressure-release valve on the side or bottom of it, which a small air line is connected to?

- MTR

8 years 1 month ago #1502 by MTR-Admin
If you can upload a picture of your original pressure switch, or give me the make and model# off of the air compressor itself, that'll certainly help recommend you the closest replacement.

- MTR

8 years 1 month ago #1503 by larbian
Replied by larbian on topic Adjustable Differential Needed
Thanks MTR

The answer is 175PSI tank, 4 port, 1/4" pipe thread, I do not need the pressure relief.

The compressor tank says Craftsman but the pump is a Bendix Westinghouse 2 cylinder pump # 223552. Actually an air brake compressor 1954. It has an 8 inch pulley.

Like i said it'll hold pressure but probably needs rings and a rebuild.

I'll check that link out but will also take any suggestion you have.

Thanks

8 years 1 month ago #1504 by larbian
Replied by larbian on topic Adjustable Differential Needed
Also... I've been to that page and looked thru there but could narrow down what I wanted.

Main feature is the adjustable differential.

8 years 1 month ago #1506 by MTR-Admin
Thanks for the info, that helps.

Something like the Hubbell (was Furnas) part# 69JF9LY2C at $45.51 would work for you, I'd bet.

This is factory set at 140/175 PSI, but does have a differential adjustment. The differential range is 30-40 PSI.

You can view this switch at the link I previously gave you.

Also, if you click on the link below you'll get a spec sheet on the "69J" series pressure switches with a lot of good, helpful specs and info:

www.hubbell-icd.com/icd/pressure/files/4269J.pdf

P.S. In regards to the Unloader Valve, this switch includes one but you can simply remove it from the switch if you have no need for it.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds