Emglo K Pump piston pin

5 years 2 months ago #2944 by dep14
Emglo K Pump piston pin was created by dep14
Hello:
I am in the process of rebuilding an Emglo K pump, and need to replace one of the two pistons; I purchased the piston (pt # 150-1150) and the connecting rod (610-1441) and piston pin (150-1005).

I notice that the when assembling the piston, pin and rod the pin slides smoothly through the piston and the rod. I thought I was going to have to "press" the pin into place. I did not see any kind of clip that will keep the pin in place.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Duncan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #2945 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo K Pump piston pin
You should have two nylon bumpers that fit onto the end of the wrist pin. The round end slides against the cylinder. This wrist pin should slide easily into the new piston as this keeps it lubed when it is running.
Many times these plastic bumpers fall out during disassembly and are in the oil in the bottom of the crankcase.

5 years 2 months ago #2946 by dep14
Replied by dep14 on topic Emglo K Pump piston pin
Yes, I have those... thank you.

One more question: When installing the connecting rods am I correct in assuming that the "2 dots" on the rod cap and the rod should be on the same side, and they should point to the front when installed?

5 years 2 months ago #2947 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Emglo K Pump piston pin
This is correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dep14

5 years 2 months ago #2948 by dep14
Thank you, this is helpful

5 years 2 months ago #2957 by dep14
Another question:

The piston rings don't seem to have any sort if identifying marks to indicate which side is the top. (no dots). Can you clarify how to properly install the rings?

The oiler rings (located at the bottom of the piston) I understand

The scraper ring (located in the middle) has a groove around the outside with a bevel on inside... does the grove face up or down?

The compression ring (located at the top, near the face of the piston) has not grooves or bevels; but the ends have a "stepped" edge that seems to interlock (creating a slight gap). It doesn't look like it matters which direction this ring is installed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds