Air compressor shutting seems like motor bogs down

7 years 5 months ago #1940 by Rob3700
I have a Sanborn black max compressor model number b500 BPL 60 V when I turn air compressor on it build up to about 45 PSI you can hear the motor start bogging down and then it trips The Protector motor protector if I open the valve and let it run so it does not build pressure it runs freely I checked the the valve the check valve check valve in the in the tank tank and it is working correctly do you have any solutions for this problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #1944 by MTR-Admin
Thank you for the post!

I would check a few different things out.

You said you looked at the Check Valve, just make sure it isn't clogged with debris.

Make sure the Belt is not too tight or loose. When you press down at the center point of the Belt there should be no more than 1/2" deflection. A Belt that is too tight or loose can cause this problem.

Have your Capacitors tested on your Motor. You have two Capacitors, one is a Start cap and the other is a run cap. They may be losing "juice" so as to not provide enough energy to keep the motor turning the pump. I would have these tested by an electrician at a motor repair shop or electric supply store. You need to make sure the Motor isn't drawing too much current, so putting an amp meter on the motor or having an electrician check it out is recommended.

Lastly, you could be looking at sticking Reed Valves in the Pump, but I would check the above potential problems first.

Let me know what you find out with the above (potential) issues and we'll go from there.

- MTR

7 years 5 months ago #1948 by Randyb2004
first and easiest, check voltage at the outlet. If possible check voltage with pump running.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maineuropa

7 years 5 months ago #1961 by harleydude
Rob3700, any luck with the suggestions on your air compressor?

Tools make life easier...

6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #2350 by maineuropa
As in no extension cords, try a different outlet...make sure y0u are providing sufficient electrical power...mine will do that just to check if I am paying attention! Drain any compression water from the tank..all the obvious stuff.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds