Surging power washer

7 years 8 months ago #1778 by leonadowaziney
Surging power washer was created by leonadowaziney
I have a Black Max 1700 psi electric and I have very satisfied with the performance. This year I pulled it out and the first couple of uses it was fine but it started coming on and off when trigger was not pulled. Now it constantly comes on and then off rapidly and continuously. Works good when trigger is pulled.

Is this a pressure switch issue? Has anyone got an idea where to start?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #1782 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Surging power washer
Thanks for the post!

What is the model number of the pressure washer? This will help.

It sounds as though the problem could be with the Pressure Regulator or Unloader Valve, although the Valves in the pump could also be causing this problem.

I should be able to give you more particulars with the model number.

- MTR

7 years 8 months ago #1785 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Surging power washer
Some more information...

I believe it most likely needs a pressure switch. The pressure switch controls the motor/pump it could be causing the problem but there could also be a pump problem. Sometimes just cleaning the pump will help. I don't know how old this unit is or what condition it is in, however.

The quality of the water and the use of a filter will prolong the life of the unit. Mineral build up and dirt & debris can cause problems with pressure washer pumps. When storing the unit for a period it's a good idea to use Pump Saver.

These units have a limited life and repairing the pump or motor usually exceeds the price of replacing the unit.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds