Homelite UT80522 pressure washer- no pressure

8 years 4 months ago #1312 by Stevo F
I pulled out my pressure washer for my fall cleaning of the house today (I had last used it 2 months ago to clean our deck). Started up OK, but when I squeeze the trigger on the washer the engine slows for a second and it seems pressure starts to build in the hose, then the pressure drops and engine speed goes back to normal speed when not under load. Then a few seconds later it does it again. I can let water run through the system or let it run without releasing the trigger, but it still doesn't build up any pressure.

There is a small amount of water pressure coming out of the nozzle. Water is freely flowing through the pump into the high pressure hose, so there doesn't seem to be a clog in the system.

I also removed the unloader valve and it was clean and the shaft moved in and out freely, so it doesn't appear to be the problem. I pulled out the thermal relief valve and it looked clean also.

Is there anything else to check, or should I plan on replacing the pump?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #1318 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Homelite UT80522 pressure washer- no pressure
Stevo,

Definitely a pump problem, it would be difficult to say just what, but it sounds like a valve or valves have stuck open, come apart or some debris may have lodged inside keeping one of the valves open.
Not knowing the age or condition of the unit I can’t say for certain what the problem would be but replacing the pump would most likely solve the issue. The valve body can be removed from the pump and disassembled and we do sell replacement valve kits and seal kits, this may be an alternative if you feel comfortable doing this, it can be frustrating to someone who is not familiar.
The easiest solution and less time consuming is to replace the pump assembly although it may not be the most economical solution.

I hope this helps and thanks for the post!

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds