sears electric pressure washer

8 years 11 months ago #986 by alby
sears electric pressure washer was created by alby
craftsman 1800 psi #580.752020... bought in '08. pumps with fine pressure. BUT shuts off after one second then restarts after two seconds, shuts off after one second, restarts after two.. etc. etc. etc.... when i take the wand off it pumps fine. put it back on it starts all over again...HELP .... THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #987 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic sears electric pressure washer
Thanks for the post!

Just to confirm, how do you know the pressure is fine if it only runs one second at a time? Based on what you have told me here is what I think:

I would check all the lines or hoses going to and from the pump connections and the connections themselves to see if they were free flowing and to see if there was any sediment build-up or debris inside.
I would also check the wand for the same things. Take a garden hose and hold the trigger down to see if water will flow through it.
If all of this checks good it is probably a pump problem and I see that there are no parts available for this units pump. It could be that the check valve or unloader is sticking or some other pump problem.

Hope this helps, feel free to reply with more info and we'll get to the bottom of it.

- MTR

6 years 7 months ago #2154 by boris
Replied by boris on topic sears electric pressure washer
I had the same problem. I looked through the nozzle and it looked fine. I cleaned it anyway with a torch tip cleaner and it took care of the problem. Hope this helps someone.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds