what tool do I need to seperate the HU80833 pump

9 years 3 weeks ago #965 by CraigCavy
My Husky pump give it up today. I'm trying to separate it from the Honda engine. Do I need to get a tool that will help me separate the pump? I'm assuming when it was assembled it was somewhat pressed together with the bolts were tightened. Could use some direction on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago #967 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic what tool do I need to seperate the HU80833 pump
It's an awkward set-up on this unit. The bolts to mount the pump are also the motor mounting bolts and the deck is sandwiched in between.

We usually take all the mounting bolts out and use two pry bars or large screwdrivers to remove the pump from the keyed shaft of the engine. If it is difficult to break loose then spray some penetrating oil such as P. B. Blaster on the shaft and allow it to set for a while.
I would not recommend using heat on the shaft as it could damage the engine oil seal.

When installing the new pump clean the shaft with a wire brush, install a new key and coat the shaft with an anti-seize compound. This will allow the pump to go on easily and, should the need arise, it will come apart easily as well.

Hope this helps!

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds