Power Stroke Pressure Washer Trouble

9 years 5 months ago #710 by ronsfoods
Power Stroke Pressure Washer Trouble was created by ronsfoods
My neighbor was using my power stroke ps80903a pressure washer and oil sprayed straight up and was all over the water pump. I removed the vent cap on the water pump (part 51 #310606001) and tiped the washer to the side. Water and oil came out. Is this normal.

I wiped all the oil off the unit and start it up again and it seemed to run fine. I'm not able to find information about the water pump and if it needs to have oil in it. If it needs some oil how do I fill it and where do I fill it. Some places say to use sae non detergent oil 75w90. The motor is a Honda GC160.

Please help

Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #711 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Power Stroke Pressure Washer Trouble
Thanks for the post!

You are correct, this pump does take 75w90 oil (about 4.5 oz I believe). Oil shouldn't leak from the pump, no, it should be sealed in the pump.

As far as where to add the oil, I'll see if I can find out for you. I've not personally seen this particular pump model myself so I'll ask my tech and find out.

- MTR

9 years 5 months ago #712 by ronsfoods
Replied by ronsfoods on topic Power Stroke Pressure Washer Trouble
I can find nothing in my owners manual about how to service the water pump. I tried the pressure washer again today and it was spitting a water/oil mixture out of the vent on the top of the water pump. This has never happened before yesterday when it happened to my neighbor. When you talk to your tech ask them who could look at my pressure washer and diagnose my problem (I really mean fix it as I'm not very mechanical) I'm in the Ft Myers Florida area.
Thanks so much
Ron

9 years 5 months ago #713 by MTR-Admin
You can certainly find a local authorized service center to have it diagnosed/repaired, just click on the link below to find out where:

www.powerstroketools.com/service_support/service_center_locator

- MTR

9 years 5 months ago #714 by MTR-Admin
The pump contains oil in the drive portion of the pump housing and it is sealed from the pumping portion of the pump by seals, gaskets or both depending on the type of pump. It sounds to me like the internal seal (whatever is used in this pump) between the pump portions is leaking, allowing the oil from the drive section to leak into the section that pumps the water and builds pressure. Usually the only way to add oil is to disassemble the pump.
Some pumps will have a water seal kit available to repair this problem, but looking at our website I only see that only a pump assembly is available, no repair parts. Most of the time with the cheaper pumps it is more economical to replace the pump than to try to repair it.

- MTR

9 years 5 months ago #715 by ronsfoods
Replied by ronsfoods on topic Power Stroke Pressure Washer Trouble
Thanks you have been very helpful. What is your website for parts and what is
the part number for the pump assembly? I'm not really sure how I ended up at this
website, but you must be some how connected with a parts warehouse that I sent
a email to trying to get some information on my pressure washer. Again thanks
for your help.
Ron

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds