Porter Cable Table Saw PCB270TS

8 years 3 months ago #1399 by mtswago
Porter Cable Table Saw PCB270TS was created by mtswago
I need help with instructions of how to raise the blade on the saw. Turning the crank does not raise the blade. I need steps instruction on looking at the gear which makes the saw go up and down. I was trying to make a sled for the saw.. When I was raising the saw to cut through a piece of oak 3/4 plywood. It stopped going up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #1401 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Porter Cable Table Saw PCB270TS
Thanks for the post!

Here are some things to look for:

1. Either the handle is cracked thus not allowing the handle to turn the rod.

2. There is too much sawdust in the area where the blade height adjustment mechanism is.

3. The gears that are mating for the height adjustment are either worn or the pin that holds the gears onto the shaft are stripped or missing.

Take a look at the above potential problems and feel free to reply once you do; we'll go from there.

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1726 by mtswago
Replied by mtswago on topic Porter Cable Table Saw PCB270TS
Thank you for the response. I don't know how to get to the inside of the saw. I need instructions on where to begin to make the repair. Should I take the top off. Or should I take off the cranks in the front of the saw. I can't figure how to get inside of it. I can see using an endoscope that there is something crushed. It is orange and plastic. Just don't know how to get to it.

Thank you.

7 years 10 months ago #1727 by MTR-Admin
Since I haven't seen this particular model in person, it would be best to take a look at the exploded parts diagram and owner's manual, which you can find by clicking on the below link:

servicenet.portercable.com/Products/Deta...oductNumber=PCB270TS

If this doesn't help you, I'd honestly call PC tech support directly at (888) 848-5175.

I hope this helps.

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago #1728 by mtswago
Replied by mtswago on topic Porter Cable Table Saw PCB270TS
Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to reply to me. My problem is I don't know where to begin to solve my problem. The diagram gives me a good look at the saw top. Do I gain access to the spindle with the gears from the front of the saw or do I take the saw top off. I had called the number on the manual, but the person there said they didn't have a tech who could answer the question. They could provide me with parts, but had no idea how the saw was put together.
the saw is not made by Porter Cable. It just wears its label. I will call the number you've given me. Hopefully, I can get directions. Thanks again.

7 years 9 months ago #1731 by MTR-Admin
I wish I could help further, but it's difficult for me to do so being I don't have the saw here and I've never disassembled this particular saw.

Hopefully someone at the number I gave you can assist. I'll do some more digging, hopefully I can get you some helpful information.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds