F33PT Bostitch Framing Nailer Will not tow nail

7 years 7 months ago #1803 by Looncover
Hi,
I have a F33PT Bostitch framing nailer that will fire nails straight on, but will not fire any nails by tow nailing
Can any one help me

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1806 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic F33PT Bostitch Framing Nailer Will not tow nail
Thanks for the post!

When you say "tow" nailing do you mean it won't fire sequentially (just one nail at a time) after you depress the nose to the surface?

I assume you have the metal "contact" trigger on this nailer, as opposed to the plastic, sequential trigger?

By the way, you can view a full breakdown of this nailer by clicking the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/pneumatic-frami...s-f33pt-p-12715.html

If you have the contact trigger then yes, you should be able to bump fire and fire sequentially, and if you can't fire single, sequential shots then you may have a stuck trigger valve (bad or dry-rotted o-rings) or possible defective seals on the cylinder of head valve.

- MTR

6 years 3 months ago #2272 by Cord
Exact same complaint here. Gun has bump fire trigger, but it won't fire sequentially. You can get it to fire sequentially if you jam the nose into the piece and then pull the trigger. When the gun won't fire I'm getting a "pshhh pshhh" sound of air leaking. It's like a safety interlock hasn't been cleared. Problem first appeared when the gun was almost empty and tried to fire 3 nails at once resulting in two nails jamming the piston. Shop A said the problem was the nails I was using and sold the Mrs. some 28 degree Paslode nails. I'm firing the correct 33 degree nails. Took the nails back and asked them to look at the gun again. Again they said there was nothing wrong. I suspect they are jamming the nose so it will fire. However I'm trying to use precision and you can't be forcing the gun when nailing hangers. Took the gun to shop B and they reported the same thing. I told them how I wanted them to test the gun. They never reported if they experienced the complaint but they threw $40 in parts at it: new trigger (not the white cartridge, just the trigger) #49, new nose guard #91 and a new contact arm #32. Problem still exists. I'm now nailing hangers and the only way I can get it to fire is to bump fire. This is tough to do and it's quite frustrating. Looking for any suggestions!

6 years 3 months ago #2274 by MTR-Admin
Thank you for the post Cord,

I am assuming you are using a Metal Connector tip, for nailing into hangers? (You definitely should be).

If this is the case, you must use the Grey Sequential trigger that should have come with the tool. Never use the Bump Fire trigger with the Metal Connector tip as that's very dangerous. This avoids multiple un-intended cycles, which may have nails deflecting off of the metal hangers.

Also, how long are the nails you are using for the hangers? With the Metal Connector tip on the unit, it will not fire any nail longer than 2-1/2” (8D). Longer nails will not allow the trip to stroke far enough (purposely).

When bump firing you may be dislodging the paper Tape nails, thus the jamming.

This is all a guessing game to a degree, but these answers will help to solve the problem.

- MTR

6 years 3 months ago #2275 by Cord
The problem is not specific to the as changing it does not affect the tools performance (or lack of). Current project is to fire 1.5"x.148" nails with the precision tip. Gun will only fire if the trigger is pulled, the nose is placed in the hole and then the gun is then slammed to the surface (aka bump fire). If the nose is placed on the surface, the gun is pressed down to clear the safety and then trigger is pulled, the gun won't fire. Change the tip out and try to toe nail and you'll have the exact same problem the OP complained of: the gun will not fire unless the tip is slammed into the surface.

The gun does fire 3" framing nails using the precision tip. These nails are used to toe nail the metal connectors. I may need to hand nail these because using the bump fire technique will be way too dangerous with the next joist being so close.

6 years 2 months ago #2282 by MTR-Admin
Cord,

I'm still not sure which trigger you have on the unit...is it the Black or Grey trigger? This is very important to know.

I am not sure why it will not cycle when you first actuate the trip either way. I've actually had my rep at Bostitch order one of the MCN tips so he can install it on his tool and see what is happening. I am sorry but I have not used one of these accessories in years. Hopefully I'll be able to give you additional info shortly.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds