Bostitch bt1855

8 years 1 month ago #1536 by Alfredo
Bostitch bt1855 was created by Alfredo
I have a bostitch. Model BT1855
SERIES BT13XX IT it seems like the piston doest comeback in place, i take it a part and find out the piston gauge is bended is that normal or do i need to replace it? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #1537 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch bt1855
Thanks for the post Alfredo,

By "Piston Gauge" are you referring to the actual Piston "Driver" or "Blade", which physically drives the nail? If it's bent then yes, I would certainly replace it.

You can try to straighten it, but you may just have to replace it. If it's bent then it will not retract properly because there will obviously be too much friction between the Driver Blade and the Guide.

Also, you can view a full breakdown of this nailer by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/pneumatic-brad-...bt1855k-p-58617.html

Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I'll do my best to assist.

- MTR

8 years 1 month ago #1538 by Alfredo
Replied by Alfredo on topic Bostitch bt1855
Thanks i try to bended back but it broke, i just going to order a new piston. ¿ why that happens? No lubrication maybe?

8 years 1 month ago #1539 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch bt1855
I thought that may happen...

Actually, this brad nailer is an oil-FREE nailer, so you do not want to add oil (pneumatic lubricant) at all.

The Driver Blade can bend for any number of reasons; the most common reason is if a nail was jammed in the magazine or in the Nose of the gun. As long as you have the right gauge brad nails this shouldn't happen, and make sure the magazine that holds the nails is free of any dirt, debris or anything that will cause the nails to not feed cleanly.

I'm sure with the new Driver you'll be back in business.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds