Bostitch N95RHN Framing nailer air leak

8 years 1 month ago #1444 by Txcowboy13
Bostitch N95RHN Framing nailer air leak was created by Txcowboy13
My wife has had this nailer for years and recently it started blowing air out the nose tip. I replaced the cylinder seal which was broken into, and the bumper seal-A that was ate up along with other o-rings on the cylinder. Put the nailer back together but still have air blowing out the nose tip. I read in a forum the it could be the nose tip. Looked it up on part list but doesn't seem to be available. Is this the problem, or is it something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #1446 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N95RHN Framing nailer air leak
Thanks for the post!

The bumpers would not cause this leak when the tool is at rest, only when the tool is cycled and the driver piston is seated against the bumpers, so I'd rule these parts out.

It is also not the nose.

Any leak from the nose comes from the outer diameter o-rings on the cylinder sleeve or cylinder ring/bulkhead ring.

In a tool of this age, it can even be the hard parts if there is scoring from years of use and grit in the tool.
All of the listed parts seal together to create a seal between the upper chamber and lower chamber and if any of them leak, it comes out of the nose. At rest, the tool only has pressure in the upper part of the tool.

o-ring - OD cylinder sleeve
o-ring - OD on the cylinder ring (White Plastic Collar)
The cylinder ring itself
The cylinder sleeve
The frame

Obviously the last two are least likely, but very possible.

If these o-rings have been changed, the next most likely is the cylinder ring (all of these rings are in the kits) The plastic collar is designed to wear rather than wear the hard parts such as the frame and cylinder sleeve, usually due to vibration and abrasive materials such as sand floating around inside the tool. I call it static o-ring wear.

Attached is a picture I put together for something else, but all of the parts seen in the cross section can cause this!

- MTR
Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago #1447 by Txcowboy13
Replied by Txcowboy13 on topic Bostitch N95RHN Framing nailer air leak
Thanks, for the informations, could you send more cross sectional pictures. Are there any o-rings located on the front side of the piston sleeve near the nose. Could any of the o-rings in the spring area on the back side of the gun be bad. I thought I read in a forum that there were some o-rings inside of the spring cap that vents out the back side.

8 years 1 month ago #1448 by MTR-Admin
That's the only cross-section pic I can find, I'm afraid.

There are o-rings towards the bottom of the Cylinder (at the nose end). Any of these o-rings could cause the problem you're experiencing.

I doubt the Head Valve o-rings in the Head of the gun will cause a nose leak, that's very unlikely. If these o-rings were defective you would get a constant leak from the Exhaust port on the Head.

You can see a full breakdown of this gun by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/pneumatic-frami...-n95rhn-p-15702.html

- MTR

8 years 1 month ago #1449 by Txcowboy13
Replied by Txcowboy13 on topic Bostitch N95RHN Framing nailer air leak
Thanks, will try to figure out which one is leaking. It's a constant air flow when I connect the air hose. When I look at the schematic it's hard to tell exactly where all the o-rings are. I need to pring it so I can compare the parts with the schematic.The cross sectional picture was clear. Thought you might have more.

8 years 1 month ago #1450 by MTR-Admin
I don't have any more of the cross-section pics, but I'm sure if you contacted Stanley-Bostitch at 1-800-556-6696 as they can obtain more for you.

I actually had my Bostitch rep dig that photo out of his files; he didn't have any others similar.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds