Bostitch N66C nailer

8 years 4 months ago #1307 by johnmocha2004
Bostitch N66C nailer was created by johnmocha2004
Hi,
I just did a rebuild bit on the nailer but had issues with air coming out of the nose afterward. The driver doesn't return also. Two questions, first the piston has an O ring and piston ring assembly. I believe that the piston ring goes over the o ring but I want to make sure. Second do you happen to know where lower o ring on the sleeve, #23 in parts diagrams, is supposed to sit on the sleeve, #22? It fits nicely on the groove with the holes drilled in it on the middle of the sleeve, but this seems odd to me.
Many thanks,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #1308 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N66C nailer
Thanks for the post John,

As for the Piston Ring and O-ring...I'm almost positive the O-ring installs first, then the Ring. I'm confirming this with my factory rep, just to be sure...

Secondly, the Cylinder Seal does install on the Cylinder which the small holes drilled into it (almost halfway down the Cylinder).
This Seal must install here as the Driver won't retract if it's not.

When I get more information I'll certainly post it here.

- MTR

8 years 4 months ago #1309 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N66C nailer
I did confirm: the thin rubber o-ring installs first, then the Plastic ring goes over it on the piston.

This would not cause a nose leak, even if not installed at all. A nose leak would come from the cylinder ring around the cylinder sleeve. When I say this, I mean the “area”. It could be the cylinder ring, related o-rings, both I.D. and O.D., or the cylinder sleeve and ring are not properly seated all the way down (most likely). It is easy to have this cylinder ring off center.

Hope this helps!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds