Senco Micropinner Mystery Model need drawing

8 years 5 months ago #1250 by maninthesea
So I have a Senco micropinner that has no model # printed or stamped on it. I would guess about 3-5 years old and it has never worked. the drive piston and anvil are not returning to the top so it never catches a pin to drive it. I would have thought there was a spring under the piston to return it but took it apart and NONE. Possibly it should be driven back up by residual air pressure but I can shine a light up in and see the bottom of the drive piston from the bottom so I might be missing a seal at the bottome. So I need a schematic to see what is supposed to be there. I can tell you it is NOT the current model and it is not a finish pro 11 but looks similar. Same color scheme but the plate behind the drive piston at the top is stamped metal plate held in by four allen screws and has about a 1/4" plastic molded piece between it and the body. Also red and grey adjustment on the magazine If you send an email I can send a photo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1251 by maninthesea
Replied by maninthesea on topic Senco Micropinner Mystery Model need drawing
i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac64/maninth...20150921_1527481.jpg

<a href=" s886.photobucket.com/user/maninthesea/me...921_1526271.jpg.html " target="_blank"> i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac64/maninth...20150921_1526271.jpg " border="0" alt="Senco photo 20150921_1526271.jpg"/>

8 years 5 months ago #1253 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Senco Micropinner Mystery Model need drawing
Thanks for the post and the photos!

I'm asking my Senco rep if he can I.D. this model for me, as I'm not entirely sure. The pic should do the trick.

What type of nails does it shoot, and what is the gauge of the nails? I assume 18 or 20 gauge.

It looks a lot like the "2-in-1" pin nailer here:
www.cposenco.com/factory-reconditioned-s...wcB&kpid=senr2d0101r

- MTR

8 years 5 months ago #1254 by maninthesea
Replied by maninthesea on topic Senco Micropinner Mystery Model need drawing
Thanks
It shoots 23guage headless pins up to 1" I posted this on another forum I am a member of and the guys correctly pointed out that it looks almost exactly like the 23 gauge pinner from Harbor Freight
www.harborfreight.com/23-gauge-pin-air-nailer-68022.html

Which would probably explain why it never did work and also why it was on a closeout sale.

Definatly NOT the 2 in 1 18 guage pin nailer in the link from MTR.

On the other site the HF pinner has some good reviews basicly from what I have seen is if you buy one and it works it works better than many name brands at 2-4 times the cost. However like all HF there is a chance it will be a complete POS. I think I may get a HF just for the parts and take the chance that it works I doubt it would be much less to get parts from senco shipped out to Guam.

8 years 5 months ago #1255 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Senco Micropinner Mystery Model need drawing
You're right, not sure it's worth it to have parts for a $40 tool shipped out to the middle of the ocean!

I did get a response from Senco:

"The tool in your picture is of the micro pinner we offered in a 4 tool promo kit several years ago for Christmas. This tool had a retail value of $40.00 so we did not offer repair parts for it. Attached you will find the manual for it. At this point we would recommend if the tool is no longer working to replace it with a newer model tool like our FinishPro 23SXP (see attached spec sheet)."

So, it was an "economy" model on the cheaper end of the spectrum, and there's a good chance it was made by the same factory as the HF pinner. The newer model Senco pinners are of a better quality, I've attached some information.

HF may be the best option for a cheap pinner, sometimes it's worth it to go with the cheap, import option as long as you get what you paid out of it!

- MTR
Attachments:

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds