Bostitch N60 framing nailer

8 years 6 months ago #1214 by CarloPel
Replied by CarloPel on topic Bostitch N80 finish nailer
I also just bought a TVA-6 replacement valve for an N60FN nailer, and am having exactly the same issue. The replacement valve stem is different than the original, which has an indented spring and a metal cap that presses against the trigger. If I replace the spring and cap, there is no room for the trigger to move, and if I omit the spring and cap, the valve stem goes thru the opening in the trigger and has no point of contact. Either this valve is not the correct one for a N60FN, or there is another piece that is missing.

Attached is a picture of the trigger and original METAL valve.

Please advise if I need to return this valve kit.

Thanks!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #1215 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N80 finish nailer
Thanks for the post Carlo,

It looks like you'll need to return this Valve, as you need a different kit for your older N60FN nailer, and the kit is unfortunately obsolete.

Per the manufacturer rep:

"It is correct that it would require a conversion kit for the TVA6 to work, and unfortunately the kit and most of the bulk parts are gone.

The parts needed are:

SEQ6 – available
TVA6 Kit -available
N60091A – Upper Trip (The key upgrade component, different length and configuration than the original)
N60012 – Trip Guide (original would not let the new trigger drop far enough on some tools, sometimes the old ones work)

On our website it does state that a different kit is necessary for the nailers with the older metal trigger valves (reference# 108 on the parts list):
www.mastertoolrepair.com/pneumatic-finis...ts-n60fn-p-4155.html

If you want, you can try finding the Bostitch part# "PK1" online, possibly eBay; this is the original OEM part# fore the metal-style trigger valve kit.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help on this, the manufacturer has simply made the parts obsolete. I appreciate you contacting us and giving us a shot.

Cheers,

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds