Bostitch N60 framing nailer

9 years 11 months ago #415 by MarkZ
Bostitch N60 framing nailer was created by MarkZ
Hello -

I installed a TVA-11 replacement trigger valve into my Bostitch N60 framing nailer.

The valve repair was successful, however, the trigger mechanism itself no longer makes contact with the trigger valve. I replaced the trigger in the same location and direction where it originally was.

Once I removed the metal trigger, I was able to work the gun as normal pressing directly on the new TVA-11 valve stem. This is not the easiest process.

Was there a spring of some sort on this trigger? I did not see one when I dissambled the trigger assembly and I see no spring retainer for this. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

MZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #416 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N60 framing nailer
Thanks for the post, Mark.

Bostitch didn't manufacture a Framing Nailer with the model N60, but they did manufacture an "N60" and "N60FN" Finish Nailer.
Can you confirm your model number?

Also, do you have the Contact Trip or the Sequential Trip trigger?

The Contact Trip is just a metal trigger with a flap behind it, for rapid "bump firing", whereas the Sequential Trip is a plastic Trip trigger with a spring behind it and allows for single, sequential shooting only.

Thanks,
- MTR

9 years 11 months ago #417 by MarkZ
Replied by MarkZ on topic Bostitch N60 framing nailer
I have the metal Contact Trip with the flap behind it. It appears to re-install in only one possible way. Sorry about the model number - the numbers are mostly illegible but here are some photos. I put it back together exactly as I dismantled it. Not sure why the trigger doesn't work. I was able to finish framing the fireplace wall without the trigger, but it wasn't easy.

I still have to put together correctly at some point. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MZ
Attachments:

9 years 11 months ago #418 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N60 framing nailer
The photos help, what you have is an N80 framer.

Did you lube the inside of the trigger? There are some small o-rings in the stem inside. This probably isn't the cause of the problem but just wanted to double-check.

As for the problem...can you attach a photo of the actual metal trigger lever? This would really help.

1. It's hard to tell without handling it, but something is worn. Is the spring on the pusher (which attaches to the nose) original OEM spring?

2. The nylon locknut on top of the pusher (in your first photo, right on top of the nose) has allowed the pusher lever to slip out of adjustment, not allowing it to travel the length it needs to in order to hit the trigger stem.

3. The trigger flap is worn.

I'll look out for your reply, the extra photos will help.
- MTR

9 years 11 months ago #421 by MarkZ
Replied by MarkZ on topic Bostitch N80 framing nailer
I followed the instructional video on YouTube exactly and lubed the O-rings inside the trigger valve as well as the large rings on the outside. I installed the new TVA-11 correctly - aligning the pins and such. Asside from the metal trigger being removed, the gun is now working fine.

The spring on the pusher is original. It's never been removed and was functioning fine prior to the valve replacement.

I'm not sure where this nylon locknut is located at the top of the pusher?

The trigger is not worn. Attached find some additional photos.

Thank you for all of your help.

Mark Z
Attachments:

9 years 11 months ago #425 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Bostitch N80 framing nailer
Was the original Valve you replaced metal, or also plastic? At this point you may want to contact a technical rep at Bostitch by calling them at 1-800-556-6696 to see what they have to say.
It's a bit difficult when I can't physically look at the nailer.

Please reply here once you speak with Bostitch and hopefully we can figure this out!
- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds