Pump model?

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1993 by fotojack
Pump model? was created by fotojack
I got this pump from an old Sanborn compressor, but there are no serial numbers or model numbers on this pump. It's twin cylinder, and it has no oil site glass. It works very well.....I just don't know anything about it! Could anyone identify it, please?

Update: I found out it's a Sanborn 64BL150 , but that's all I know about it. I can't find any other information, unfortunately.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #1994 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pump model?
You're right, it's a 64BL150-22 and is at least 30 years old. This is a solid unit with a v-twin, cast-iron pump. Hardly any parts are available for it any longer so if it works, keep it in good shape.

You can find a manual and a full parts breakdown and parts list on our website by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/portable-oil-ba...9bl200-p-748758.html

Hopefully this information will be useful to you. If you have any questions about maintenance or operation, feel free to ask and I'll assist if I can.

- MTR
The following user(s) said Thank You: fotojack

7 years 2 months ago #1998 by fotojack
Replied by fotojack on topic Pump model?
Thanks for the confirmation. Right now, I have this pump mounted to a 20 gal. Campbell Hausfield tank, but my neighbour gifted me with a 60 gal. tank that I will be switching over to. Do you see any problems with this?

7 years 2 months ago #1999 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Pump model?
The smaller tank would be ideal, but you can certainly use a 60 gallon tank. The main concern is the pump running longer than it should to fill up the larger tank. The pump is a bit small to pressurize such a large tank as it has relatively low duty cycle.
This isn't to say you can't. I think you'll be fine as long as you don't use the compressor everyday and give it a lot of abuse like a contractor would, as the pump will inevitably fail sooner than it should. Just make sure you have good compressor oil (or synthetic compressor oil) in the crankcase and that your intake filter elements are in good shape.

7 years 2 months ago #2000 by fotojack
Yes, I figured it would take longer to fill the larger tank, but I plan on running the pump in 3 or 4 stage intervals to not over work the pump, giving it time to cool down between stages. I use synthetic oil in the pump, as I'm a big believer in synthetic oil.
I don't use the compressor every day....it's more of a use as needed compressor. :) I just wanted the larger capacity tank so it wouldn't cycle as often as a smaller tank would. The air filters are checked regularly as needed, too.

Thanks very much for your quick response. Much appreciated.

Note: Ironically, the tank is made by Sanborn! :) I thought that was a funny coincidence. :)

7 years 2 months ago #2001 by fotojack
By the way...you sent me 2 emails just now, but there was nothing in them. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds