Campbell hausfeld WL611200AJ. Won't build pressure

7 years 5 months ago #1916 by MTR-Admin
Right, sorry for missing that.

Then yes, there is a good chance the Valve Plate Gasket is hindering the Intake and/or Exhaust Valve(s) from opening and closing as they should.

I've done this before when installing Valves and Gaskets, it's easy for the parts to move around when installing them and if any one Valve or Gasket is out of place, you can experience what you're experiencing with the unit.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #1928 by RJenkos
Went through the head again and I'm confident that's correct. I did open up two blocked holes in the new gaskets. No change in building pressure...

I popped the charge pipe off and confirmed that it was pushing plenty of air out of the compressor head. I also opened the check valve with a screwdriver and it opened easily and it was holding the little bit of pressure...

I guess the check valve spring must be too tight and not allowing enough air to pass through. I'm at a loss really.
I ordered the check valve. At that point the entire compressor assembly will be new.

7 years 5 months ago #1929 by MTR-Admin
The most common cause of this problem is usually the valves not seating and the check valve not seating correctly, so I think the Check Valve may solve your problem.

Make sure to update us on the result!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds