Husky H1506FWH pumps to 55 psi max

7 years 5 months ago #1911 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky H1506FWH pumps to 55 psi max
Does air leak out of this area after it shuts off, or while it's running? Or both?

If it's leaking out of the small weep hole in the unloader valve, which is where the small tube connects to the pressure switch, then either this Unloader Valve is defective, or your tank Check Valve is.

Usually if air leaks out of the Unloader Valve on the Pressure Switch AFTER the unit shuts off, then it's indicative of a bad check valve. This happens because the in-tank Check Valve is stuck open somehow, allowing the pressure in the tank to back-feed through the lines; typically the leak occurs from the small weep hole in the Unloader Valve, which is on the bottom of the Pressure Switch, and which your smaller plastic line connects to.

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #1917 by shop86cav
Replied by shop86cav on topic Husky H1506FWH pumps to 55 psi max
It only leaks while it is running. So I need 9063138 Pressure switch, correct? Just want to make sure before I order it. Thanks

7 years 5 months ago #1918 by MTR-Admin
If the leak is originating from the pressure switch area I would say yes, replacing the pressure switch [should] do the trick. I can't be 100% sure of this, of course, since I don't have the unit with me to physically diagnose, but this is what sounds like the problem is.

I would certainly try to replace the plastic tubes first to see if that does the trick, if not then I would replace the Pressure Switch.

Good luck!

- MTR

7 years 1 month ago #2020 by patmannorris@yahoo.com
Replied by patmannorris@yahoo.com on topic Husky H1506FWH pumps to 55 psi max
Hello,
I am having the exact same thing happening to my compressor and have followed the problem right to where this conversation ends. What was the final fix, pressure switch or check valve?
Thanks

7 years 1 month ago #2022 by MTR-Admin
Thanks for the comment!

I'm not sure if the original poster repaired the problem or not being he didn't reply, that I can tell. I would say that the pressure switch was most likely the problem. The only reason the check valve would need to be replaces is if the unit leaks around the pressure switch AFTER the unit shuts off (only).

If it leaks around the pressure switch while running only, then the switch needs to be replaced.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds