Koblot 80 cu tank 5 hp

7 years 10 months ago #1733 by lindburg
Replied by lindburg on topic Koblot 80 cu tank 5 hp
I finally got around to changing my valve system. It did not solve my 40 lbs max airpreasure and of course run run run at that preasure. Today I shut off and listen for air......could hear hissing air half way down the tank. No puncture ...drain valve no leak. Does not seem to be leak at the check valve on side of tank. Open to suggestions ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #1736 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Koblot 80 cu tank 5 hp
Hmm, that's strange as typically this would take care of the problem. It's certainly THE most common reason for the low pressure you're experiencing, but not the only one.

I would check the belt deflection first.

With the unit off and unplugged, remove the Belt Guard and press down at the center point of the Belt; you should have no more than 1/2" deflection. If more, then this could certainly cause the problem as the Belt could be slipping on the Pully/Flywheel.

- MTR

7 years 10 months ago #1742 by lindburg
Replied by lindburg on topic Koblot 80 cu tank 5 hp
nope belt tension is just fine...so not slipping. What I need to do is get my gf out there to listen to the compressor for leaks. I wear hearing aids so is difficulat to hear specific noise.....

7 years 10 months ago #1745 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Koblot 80 cu tank 5 hp
Certainly that's a good idea!

Grab a spray bottle and fill it with a soapy solution and spray it all over, this should hopefully identify the location of the leak.

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds