Coleman Powermate Check Valve

8 years 7 months ago #1145 by sjewell
Coleman Powermate Check Valve was created by sjewell
I purchased a 041-0003 Manifold conversion kit for my Coleman compressor. It would not fit with the setup you sent so I had to replace the 45 on the check valve leg with a 90. Now the bleeder screw on the side of the check valve constantly leaks air. So I replaced it with a 1/8" plug. I started filling the compressor and at about 60 psi the check valve starts to squeal loudly. Best I can tell the noise is coming from the check valve, it is hard to tell with the compressor running. Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #1149 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
I'll try to help any way I can, but could you first take a photo of the kit you assembled so I could see it? This would help.

- MTR

8 years 7 months ago #1154 by sjewell
Replied by sjewell on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
Here are the pics.
Attachments:

8 years 7 months ago #1155 by sjewell
Hope these help. Thanks

8 years 7 months ago #1156 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Coleman Powermate Check Valve
Glad to help if I can, certainly.

Did you apply teflon tape to the 1/8" plug that you installed in the side of the check valve? By the photo it doesn't appear as though the plug is taped; I would do this as air could escape from the threads if it's not taped.

I will correspond with another tech to narrow down this problem, and reply ASAP. I think I may know what the issue is but I'd like to confirm first before I say so.

- MTR

8 years 7 months ago #1157 by sjewell
No I did not and it could be leaking around the plug. It sounds like it is coming from that area, but when I feel for air when it whistles I can't find anything. Thanks again for your help.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds