Trips Garage Breaker

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1134 by Johnrerika
Trips Garage Breaker was created by Johnrerika
My older Sanborn 07FL350-13 trips the garage GFI breaker after it restarts to re-pressurize the tank. It does not do this on first start up. If I unplug for a few minutes and then restart, it works again until the next pressure cycle.

Are there any lube points or preventive maintenance for this air compressor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #1135 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Trips Garage Breaker
Thanks for the post John.

Does the compressor hold its tank pressure after it shuts off? If not then you have a defective Check Valve in the tank.
I would perform this Check Valve test (below) to rule this out, you will see instructions a well as a video:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/how-to-test-check-valve-p-22524.html

- If not the Check Valve then you could have a circuit overload, so try running it on its own circuit.

- Are you running it on an extension cord? If so, plug directly into wall outlet and eliminate the extension cord.

- Your motor could be pulling too many amps. Use an amp probe or take the motor in to a repair shop for diagnosis (a last resort).

- Your Pressure Switch is defective. I would take the black plastic cover off of the on/off pressure switch and take a look at the copper contacts inside; are they burnt or varnished? If it's just varnish you can take some emery cloth and clean up the contacts, if they're fried then a new pressure switch will have to be installed.

Hopefully this gives you a good starting point!

- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds