removal of shroud on Husky H1503TP

9 years 6 months ago #696 by Kapustahead13
removal of shroud on Husky H1503TP was created by Kapustahead13
I can't seem to remove the shroud covering the gauges and guts to this unit. Took out all necessary screws but something is stopping from coming out/off. Seems the regulator needs replacing and it's a whole pipe with other items threaded on instead of just replacing the regulator itself :-(
Any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #697 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic removal of shroud on Husky H1503TP
Thanks for the post!

So I assume you removed all 6 screws? I believe there are 6 total (even though I haven't physically removed the shroud on this model myself, admittedly).

The most obvious are the #520 Screws in the schematic diagram, which you can view by clicking on the below link:

www.mastertoolrepair.com/air-compressor-...h1503tp-p-24927.html

Then, you have the #517 screws on the bottom of the shroud, on either side; there are two on each side that keep the shroud secured to the frame of the unit.

I hope this helps, reply if you're still needing help!

- MTR

9 years 6 months ago #704 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic removal of shroud on Husky H1503TP
That cover is very complex, if you haven't already figured that out!
You have to remove the back cover that consist of 6 Philips head screws. Two that run down both rails on the sides, and then there is two more that go in threw the top cover into the back (bottom) cover. The top shroud with the gauge/ air regulator is held on with two screws on each handle. When lifting this cover you will have a ground screw to take loose. There will also be two wires that have to be disconnected and the airline to the air regulator before it will come all the way off. Then you can take it off the machine and work on it as the screws for the air regulator are inside the cover.

If there is any more information I can help you with please let me know!

- MTR

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds