Husky H15003TP cannot get to 155psi to turn off.

10 years 1 week ago #431 by tkabes
I have Husky H15003TP. My sending pipe broke, so I ordered a new one. Put it on and discovered that (and this probably why the first one broke), it can not get to 155 psi to turn off. It gets to 150 and runs and runs. When I turn it off, I do not hear any air leaking and it holds the air just fine. Also when I turn it back on it starts running right away. I would think it should wait till pressure falls to 120. I was thinking pressure switch, but why can it not get to 155PSI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #432 by MTR-Admin
Replied by MTR-Admin on topic Husky H15003TP cannot get to 155psi to turn off.
Thanks for the post!

What you probably have is a worn out Piston Ring or a broken/damaged flapper valve in the pump. There are really the only two components that create pressure so it's most likely one or the other. Typically we find the Piston Ring to be the problem. It's a fiber composite material with a Teflon coating and a lot of times you get debris in the cylinder which nicks or tears the outer edge of the Piston Ring which will cause it not to build up maximum pressure.

Also, make sure the flat, metal Reed Valves aren't damaged or cracked. These are sandwiched in between the two valve plates.

I hope this helps, feel free to reply for any more assistance.
- MTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: MTR-Admin
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds